Sometimes the tastiest treats are pantry staples. Chef Claire has shared with us one of her favorite recipes: deliciously amazing applesauce! Homemade applesauce is something that’s always wonderful to have on hand, allowing you the freedom to tailor its flavor to your taste buds.
* 6 lbs of apples, peeled, cored, and cut into 8 slices per apple
* 1 cup of apple juice or apple cider
* Juice of 1 lemon
* 1/2 cup of brown sugar, packed
* 1 tsp of cinnamon, or more to taste
* Optional: nutmeg, maple syrup, allspice, butter
Combine all ingredients in a large pot and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 25 minutes. Carefully puree in a food processor or blender (split apples into two or more batches to avoid over-filling and splatter). Blend until smooth. Store in the fridge, or jar it to save for later. Serve by itself, over pork chops, ice cream, pancakes… anywhere applesauce is needed!